One of the simplest ways to transform your appearance is with a medical-grade chemical peel. With many to choose from, they improve skin texture and tone by stimulating healthy new skin cells.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels gently exfoliate the surface buildup of skin cells to reveal healthier, younger, and brighter skin. Each is a custom blend of Alpha Hydroxy and Beta Hydroxy acids that gently dissolve the outermost layer of skin cells. Chemical exfoliants are comprised of fruit acids derived from apples, grapes, citrus, and willows bark. These ingredients dissolve the buildup of skin cells rather than scrub them away effectively brightening and clarifying the skin and promoting cell renewal.
“Your care and service is personalized, expert and friendly. I’m very satisfied the results of my chemical peel.”
— Olympic Dermatology chemical peel patient, February 2018
Are There Different Types of Peels?
Yes, we offer a variety to best match each patient’s individual skin care needs.
- Epionce Refresh Peel a simple way to brighten and smooth skin’s appearance for mild skin imperfections appearance of acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles with maximum cell turnover and minimal irritation
- SkinMedica Illuminize Peel for mild skin imperfections, increased radiance, tightened skin and youthful appearance with little to no visible peeling
- SkinMedica Vitalize Peel for mild to moderate skin imperfections is great for acne, fine lines, dull complexion, clogged or enlarged pores and a series is recommended to maximize long term benefits
- SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel is advanced for moderate to severe skin imperfections including brown discoloration and sallow, sun-damaged skin and a series is recommended
What Are the Benefits?
- Healthier, more radiant, young looking skin
- Improvement of photo damaged skin
- Reduces age/dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves acne prone skin, breakouts and appearance of scaring
- Continued clarity, texture and skin tone benefits
What Should I Expect Afterwards?
Treatments can range from little to no downtime. Chemical peels with mild downtime create a superficial sloughing or peeling effect for about two days, starting on day three or four afterwards. Patients often do the peel prior to a weekend to avoid time off regular activities or work. You might feel a very mild stinging sensation when peels are applied to the skin that lasts a few minutes and can be minimized by a fan placed over the skin while the peel solution self-neutralizes. Patients report very little discomfort during this treatment and sensations calm very quickly.
How Many are Recommended?
It depends on your initial level of skin damage and selected peel strength. Results are cumulative, and you will see progressive benefits with each additional treatment. We recommend a treatment series; one every 4-6 weeks. Package options are available for best results and discounted price.