Kybella—Lose your double chin for good without surgery
Always at the forefront of newest, scientifically proven medical and cosmetic dermatology treatments, we’re proud to be the South Sound’s exclusive dermatology provider of Kybella, the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness, commonly referred to as a double chin.
Consider Kybella if you:
- Are bothered by moderate to substantial fat below your chin
- Don’t prefer surgery
- Feel the condition makes you look older or heavier
- Eat well and exercise but that doesn’t help
Kybella uses a naturally-occurring substance to eliminate fat under the chin. Our providers at Olympic Dermatology are specially trained on this new procedure and will work with you to design a treatment plan tailored to improve your jawline and profile.
Why choose Kybella?
- At Olympic Dermatology, we deliver medical excellence and an outstanding treatment experience customized for you.
- It’s a quick, nonsurgical procedure, taking about 15-20 minutes to perform. Many patients experience visible results and chin contouring in 2 to 4 treatments, while some may need up to 6, spaced about a month apart.
- Lasting results. Kybella destroys fat cells when it’s injected into the fat under your chin. Once you achieve your desired appearance, you won’t have to repeat the procedure.
- High patient satisfaction. 79% of Kybella patients are satisfied with their new look, feel happier and younger, and have higher self-esteem.
Kybella patients like Amy say: “At 41, I’m feeling more confident in my appearance than I did before my treatment. Now when I look in the mirror I’m happy with what I see. I no longer feel like I’m trying to hide something.”
What is Kybella?
It’s the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug for adults that contours and improves the appearance of fat under the chin (submental fullness).
|Before Kybella Treatment||After KybellaTreatment|
How does it work?
Kybella is a deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat, that’s injected into subcutaneous fat under the chin effectively destroying fat cells.
What is submental fullness?
Often referred to as a “double chin,” patients say it detracts from their appearance and self-confidence. They feel older and have a heavier look about them. It impacts a broad range of adults, including both women and men, and can be caused by aging, genetics and weight gain. According to a 2015 survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, more than 2/3 of people are bothered by submental fullness – nearly as many as those bothered by lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
What does a Kybella treatment feel like and are there side effects?
The area beneath the chin is numbed beforehand so patients don’t feel the procedure. Afterwards some patients may experience swelling, bruising, discomfort, numbness, redness or areas of hardness in the treatment area.
Is there downtime?
For most patients it’s minimal and may occur after the first treatment. But many people are able to return to their normal routine. When scheduling your treatments, keep social plans and work commitments in mind.
Why wait? Find out if Kybella is right for you. Contact Olympic Dermatology today and schedule your free cosmetic consult with the button on this page or by calling 360-459-1700.
Save when you use the Brilliant Distinctions (BD) program. Sign up and tell us about your membership when you purchase this and other Allergan products and services. As a BD member you get reward points you can redeem toward instant savings on Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Kybella, SkinMedica and Latisse at Olympic Dermatology.