Olympic Dermatology and COVID-19
Per Washington state Governor Inslee’s directive, beginning March 12, 2022 face masks will no longer be required in most settings, including K-12 schools and childcare facilities. However, the order also specifies that masks will still be required in health care settings such as hospitals, dental and medical outpatient offices, like Olympic Dermatology, as well as long term care settings and correctional facilities. So the following safety measures remain in place at OlyDerm to keep you and your family healthy when you visit us:
- All visitors are required to wear a hands-free mask over your mouth and nose. Face shields alone are not permitted. If you do not come wearing a mask, one will be provided for you, or we will need to reschedule your appointment. Please call our office in advance if you need to arrange accommodation.
- All visitors will be screened and/or examined for symptoms of illness prior to going back to the exam room.
- We will allow one vaccinated guest with you to your appointment. If not vaccinated, only essential guests will be invited inside, such as a caretaker, parent, or translator.
- We ask that you be courteous to others and practice social distancing. If you prefer to wait in your vehicle, we are happy to accommodate.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our clinic for use, as well as special signage in every patient care area about handwashing and prevention of spread of disease.
- We are also offer no-contact options, such a teledermatology appointments. Find out more about how it works and request an appointment.
- In accordance with Washington State required mandates, all employees, contractors, or students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to October 18, 2021.
- We are checking to ensure no one is working with flu-like symptoms. Anyone identified with an elevated temperature or illness will be sent home.
- All employees are required to wear an N95 or KN95 mask
- More aggressive cleaning protocols, including regularly disinfecting all high-touch areas, occur regularly throughout the day.
- Medical grade sanitizer is used to clean between every patient in exam rooms and our lobby.
- Staff are wearing protective equipment when appropriate to ensure everyone’s safety.
We look forward to seeing you soon! We are committed to continuing providing you with excellent care in a clean, safe environment. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
For more information, please see additional resource pages below: