At Olympic Dermatology we practice what we preach when it comes to good skin and overall health. Especially important during the pandemic!
Recently our staff and providers competed against each other in the OlyDerm Step Challenge. This competition is fierce. Not only are you required to count steps but also practice overall health and wellness habits, such as drinking more water, eating vegetables and getting a good night’s rest.
Here’s how our teams (OlyDerminators, Walking Dead, Team GO & Sole Sisters) faired in the different competitions:
- Highest Individual Total for the Month – Sharon Olson with 417,220 steps
- Day-One Highest Team Total – OlyDerminators
- First Team to Reach One Million Steps – OlyDerminators
- Highest Team Total for the Month – OlyDerminators
They competed for themed, weekly Bonus challenges too. We can ALL benefit from such healthy habits. Consider taking the challenge and BE WELL!
- Creating Healthy Habits:
- Go at least 3 hours per day for 1 week without using your cell phone, work hours don’t count
- Sleep at least 8 hours per night for 7 days in a row
- Take a walk outside each day for the whole work week
- Nutrition & Education:
- Drink 8 glasses of water every day for 7 days
- Educate a stranger about sunscreen
- Eat your veggies
- Stretching & Flexibility:
- Practice YouTube Yoga
- Practice proper desk posture
- Stretch for 5 minutes during work breaks
- Goal Setting:
- Find an accountability buddy
- Reach a personal goal
- Sign up for a class