Olympic Dermatology and COVID-19
May 28, 2020
We are very happy to announce that we have resumed all of our medical and most cosmetic treatments! We will continue to go above and beyond for safety and sanitation protocols to protect the health of our patients and staff. So excited that the reopening of Thurston County continues. Please call us 360-459-1700 to book your in-person or teledermatology appointments. Can’t wait to see you!
Olympic Dermatology has been here for you over the last 20 years, and we will continue to be our community’s most trusted skin care center for years to come! We are working very hard to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our providers and staff are dedicated to serving you during this challenging time. Our mutual need for each other is what drives us. Be assured safety and quality are a top priority for Olympic Dermatology, as always. We are constantly working to be innovative and working to make your experience the best it can be. Our intent is to make our office one of the safest places outside of your home!
What should you expect at your appointment?
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we added many additional safety measures to keep you and your family safe:
- All visitors are required to wear a hands-free mask (or face covering) over your mouth and nose. If you do not come wearing one, we will ask you to post-pone your appointment.
- All visitors will be screened and examined for symptoms of illness prior to entering the office. We will take your temperature and you will be asked:
- Did you wash and sanitize your hands at the outdoor handwashing station?
- Have you had any contact with any known COVID-19 patients?
- Have you had any contact with anyone being tested for COVID-19 (and results are still pending)?
- Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, such as?
- Difficulty breathing
- Body aches
- Loss of taste/smell
- Only essential guests will be allowed with you to your appointment, such as a caretaker, parent, or translator.
- We have removed some lobby chairs, coffee/tea service and magazines.
- All patients will be asked to practice social distancing (6 feet) and you will be asked to wait in your vehicle prior to your appointment time.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our clinic for use, as well as special signage in every patient care area about handwashing and prevention of spread of disease.
- We are also offering no-contact options, such a teledermatology appointments! Find out more about how it works and request an appointment.
- If you need products, we are offering curbside pickup and 15% off all in-stock products through June 30th. Call us in advance at (360) 459-1700 so we can prepare your order.
- We are checking our employees’ temperatures to ensure no one is working with flu-like symptoms. Anyone identified with an elevated temperature or illness will be sent home.
- Non-essential guests have been suspended from visiting our offices.
- More aggressive cleaning protocols, including regularly disinfecting all high-touch areas, occur regularly throughout the day.
- Medical grade sanitizer is used to clean between every patient in exam rooms and our lobby.
- Staff are wearing protective equipment when appropriate to ensure everyone’s safety.
We look forward to seeing you soon! We are committed to continuing providing you with excellent care in a clean, safe environment. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
For more information, please see additional resource pages below: