Tip of the Month: Not all serums are created equal
Discover what’s best for you and get real results.
Did you know?
The right serums deliver a high concentration of ingredients to target specific skin issues, like signs of aging or unwanted dark spots.
Adding a serum to your daily skincare regimen can help enhance results and improve skin radiance, appearance and health.
Serums are powerful boosters but how do you choose the right one for the best value and benefits? The experts at Olympic Dermatology can help.
We recommend Epionce serums that are made with active botanical ingredients at precise therapeutic concentrations. They’re paraben and fragrance-free, gentle but effective and ideal for any skin type, including sensitive.
What makes Intense Defense Serum different from other physician-strength serums?
Vitamins A, B, C, D and E are all used by the skin for metabolism and proper skin function. The goal is to have a product that provides all five vitamins in a way that exists how they normally would in healthy human skin, and Intense Defense Serum contains all five. Many other anti-aging serum products only offer single, or combinations of, vitamins A, B, C, D and E. Intense Defense Serum was clinically tested and showed better antiaging results than top-selling physician-strength serums on the market, all without irritation.
What makes the MelanoLyte Pigment Perfection Serum different from other lightening products?
The entire Epionce line is based on the philosophy of helping block damaging inflammation in the skin while repairing and strengthening your skin barrier, and MelanoLyte Pigment Perfection Serum follows that same idea. Hyperpigmentation is triggered and driven by inflammation in the skin. While other products on the market can cause irritation or even trigger a rebound effect that makes hyperpigmentation worse over time, Epionce products are formulated without irritating ingredients, like hydroquinone, making it safe for long term use without irritation or needing to cycle off.
- Target specific skin care concerns, including signs of aging and unwanted dark spots
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, SLS-free
- Work to boost the outcomes of an Epionce regimen
- Non-irritating ingredients won’t cause inflammation
- Easy-to-use formulations that fit into any skincare regimen
- Clinically proven to provide outstanding results
- Ideal for any skin type
Which Epionce serum should I use?
If you are looking for something that will address fine lines, wrinkles and skin rejuvenation, try Intense Defense Serum to help improve elasticity and firmness and to stimulate skin rejuvenation. If your bigger concern is hyperpigmentation caused by melasma, acne-scarring or UV ray damage, the MelanoLyte Pigment Perfecting Serum is a better product for you. The botanical ingredients in this product are clinically proven to brighten skin and decrease unwanted dark spots.
I have dark spots from past breakouts and want anti-aging benefits too. Can I use both serums?
Yes, Intense Defense Serum in the morning and the MelanoLyte Pigment Perfecting Serum at night.
If I’m buying a serum, do I need a Renewal Facial product as well?
Yes, the Epionce Renewal Facial products work as a necessary foundation providing powerful barrier repair and anti-inflammatory properties. The serums were designed to synergistically enhance these benefits, not replace them. For more information and help picking just the right skincare and rejuvenating products, schedule a free, personalized cosmetic consultation with one of our experienced providers.
Intense Defense Serum
- Enhances anti-aging without causing irritation
- Clinically proven to improve fine lines and wrinkles better than leading growth factor and antioxidant serums
- Provides vitamins A, B, C, D, and E to skin cells
- Boosts benefits of Renewal Facial products
- Hyaluronic acid holds hydration in skin
- Enhances elasticity and firmness in skin
- Stimulates skin rejuvenation
- Helps refine pores
- Bidens Pilosa (Spanish Needle): Used in traditional Chinese herbal medicine, it is anti-inflammatory with vitamin A activity
- Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract: Provides the precursors for vitamin A, B and C synthesis along with photo-protective properties
- Shiitake Mushroom: Provides vitamins A, B, C and D, while diminishing surface microbial counts
- Flax Extract: Anti-inflammatory and skin firming Properties
MelanoLyte Pigment Perfection Serum
- Clinically proven to work as well as 4% hydroquinone
- Formulated to target hyperpigmentation on face, décolleté and hands
- Hydroquinone-free and kojic acid-free
- Recommended for all skin types, including Fitzpatrick types I-VI
- Non-irritating botanical ingredients work to brighten skin
- Addresses multiple factors that lead to hyperpigmentation
- Reduces hyperpigmentation caused by acne breakouts, melasma and UV damage
- Non-irritating, long-term solution for unwanted dark spots without a rebound effect
- Turmeric Extract: Anti-inflammatory properties and a potent inhibitor of the melanin process
- Paper Mulberry: A less irritating analog than arbutin; anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Pea Extract: Accelerates epidermal cell turnover
- Peppermint: Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial
- Lemon Balm: Soothing agent with lightening effects
- Apple/Date Extracts: Depigmenting and anti-inflammatory properties
- Marsh Mallow Extract: A soothing agent with anti-inflammatory and wound-healing benefits